Ten Terrific Things Thursday – TTTT #10
In honour of a great weekend at Rev3 Quassy, Ironman 70.3 Boise (which Trevor is racing this weekend), and Ironman Coeur d’Alene (which I will be racing on June 24th), this week’s TTTT starts with:
1) RACING! Racing is incredibly fun, and it just so happens to be how we make our living. It feels really good to race well, to reach your goals, and to have people get excited for you (both during and after)!
2) Race tattoo removal with WD40! It really works quite well. Some initial hard scrubbing makes you think it’s no good, but then “poof!” gonzo. If applying poisonous chemicals, from a bottle that says – do not get on skin – to your skin bothers you for some strange reason, sitting in a sudsy jaccuzi tub (c/o your homestay family) for about 1 hour while pressing down on the tattoo with your thumb (in between bits of candle-lit induced stupor) also works well.
3) Aqua Sphere K180 goggles! I was a huge fan of the Kayennes (1st picture below) but somehow my face has morphed and I haven’t been able to get them to seal properly on my right eye-socket. I was pretty devastated, but the new K180’s came to the rescue! They are comfy, seal perfectly, look badass, and have a great field of view. I also prefer the thin double strap for flip-turns in the pool, and they have extra nose-piece attachments included in the case. Terrific!
4) This dude. Fixed gear, tack racing… minus some limbs. Total badass.
5) This cover of LMFAO’s “Sexy and I know it”. This dude can sing. Nicely done!
6) My husband’s natural ability to be calm in the face of stressful situations. Completely hypothetical example: your ride up to a race takes a corner way too fast on rough construction, breaking the roof rack to which your very nice bike is attached, snapping its carbon fork, and launching it off the roof. No biggie. You go to a Blue dealer on the way and get it replaced. This same individual’s vehicle then breaks down on the highway and you get waylaid at a garage, have to stay in a hotel, and then rent a car to continue to your race. No point in making it worse by getting angry, right? Ah. If only I had my husband’s temperament in hypothetical situations like that….
7) A rainbow making flip-book. I used to love little flip books, where drawings became animated when you flipped the pages quickly, so insta-rainbow appealed to me. Big whoop, you say? These are my TTTT’s so deal with it :)
8) The rare and wonderful event called: getting all 3 seats to yourself on a 5hr flight across the country. Ohhh yeahhh!
9) Walkie Talkies. They are handy, fun to have when you’re a kid, and if you own a REALLY big RV (i.e. not ours) they can be useful to help the driver and flag person communicate when parking. They also have an awesome name.
10) Having to say “over” when using walkie talkies. This blog post is over, over.